Sunday, 16 July 2017

Not Just : The Ordinary.

Not Just : The Ordinary. 



After yet another day of my make up slipping down my face following a warm and muggy and may I say long day I decided that a new primer was needed.

As per, whether you know me or you're getting to know me I'd rather cheap and cheerful over some ridiculously priced pretty packaged item that doesn't do it's job, can you tell I've had horrid experiences before? 

I've seen various blogs regarding a brand by the name of The Ordinary and vaguely remembered that there was a primer within their range however, I didn't have a clue where it was sold. A quick google search lead me to Asos and a £4 primer, The Ordinary High - Adherence Silicone Primer to be exact.

The following day my goodies arrived, not only did I order the primer but also The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% which is a mineral blemish formula. Don't worry , I shall tell you all about this another day but first my primer. The product itself is :


  • Nut-free
  • Alcohol-free
  • Vegan
  • Oil-free
  • Cruelty-free


After following the guidelines regarding the patch test I applied the primer as a base. The product is self is very smooth, not clumpy or thick. It has a very
subtle smell and glides on very easily, feeling almost silky upon my face. I continued to apply my make up for the day, with the same products as I would do on a daily basis.

14:44

I'd normally take a look at my face and decide whether I needed to slightly blot or top up, surprisingly I didn't need to do neither. My face appeared still quite matte and my normal shiny oily nose hadn't yet made an appearance.

22:46

Post seeing my best friends, stuffing my face with a chippy tea and a bottle of Pinot I can confirm that my 'face' was very much still in place and matte bar a section on my nose which is very prone to becoming more oily throughout the day.

For me this product is a definite 4/5 , the price, the packaging and the product are just wonderful. I'm just yet to find something to assist with my personal oily spot, for now I'm more than happy with this primer but I will endeavour to continue my search.

Try it, its £4, what are you waiting for..

Trace 

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. It sounds good from the sound of it! I may have to give it a try myself as I only use eye primer and not face primer :/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a go for £4! X

      Delete
  2. This sounds so good, such a lovely review! I've never heard of this before but you can't go wrong for £4 :D love your blog! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! It's definitely one to try! X

      Delete
  3. This sounds like the perfect primer for me, especially in the horrible hot weather. I can't believe I have never heard of it before! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've got a whole range of products, for £4 it's definitely worth a try! X

      Delete

A plus size Autumnal wish list

Up until today I have been completely adamant that we are still to expect some warm summer days throughout September, cause' that'...