Thursday, 10 August 2017


Not Just : The Ordinary (take two)




Approximately 4 weeks ago, back when the sun was shining, our skin was glowing and our toes perfectly polished in order to prance about in this seasons sandals , I purchased two items from the much raved about The Ordinary.

As discussed in a previous post Not Just : The Ordinary I purchased both the High -Adherence Silicone Primer and the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% via ASOS. The primer was a god send during our mini heat wave and firmly kept my face in place (read all about it above). However, today's post is regarding the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% that I’ve now been wearing for two weeks. 

The product is a high strength vitamin and mineral blemish formula which is:

  • Nut-free
  • Alcohol-free
  • Vegan
  • Oil-free
  • Cruelty-free
  • Silicone-free

The formula contains Niacinamide, otherwise known as vitamin B3, which is meant to reduce skin blemishes and congestion. While the addition of Zinc is present to balance aspects of the sebum (oily substances, to you and I ).

I followed the guidelines of completing a patch test before initially applying the product, as I get far too freaked out at the thought of something going terribly wrong.
The liquid is in a frosted glass bottle along with a pipette for an easier application. The formula itself is very smooth, lightweight and glides upon the skin, it took about 10 minutes before I felt that it had completely sunk in.

I've now used the product both morning and evening for two weeks, minus the few days that I forgot.I have noticed that my pores now appear smaller and most importantly my skin seems a lot brighter, even in just under 14 days. I'd like to continue using the product to see if it can improve the unevenness in my tone, fingers crossed!

The formula is priced at only £5, which if you think about it is the same price as a large glass of Pinot ...no reason for you not to try it.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

A plus size Autumnal wish list

Up until today I have been completely adamant that we are still to expect some warm summer days throughout September, cause' that'...